Columban missionary Fr Leo Schumacher is parish priest of St Joseph’s in Tsukiji, the oldest parish in the Archdiocese of Tokyo. He talks about the interesting history of the parish. The Church in Tsukiji was founded by the Paris Foreign Missions Society. On 22nd of November 1874, it was consecrated and dedicated to St Joseph as the patron saint. But the church was destroyed by an earthquake in 1923 and only the statue of St Peter survived.