Child Safeguarding Policy Statement of the Constituent Members of the Catholic Church in Ireland
As a constituent member of the Catholic Church in Ireland we recognise and uphold the dignity and rights of all children, are committed to ensuring their safety and well-being, and will work in partnership with parents/guardians to do this. We recognise each child as a gift from God, and we value and encourage the participation of children in all activities that enhance their spiritual, physical, emotional, intellectual and social development.
All Church personnel (including clergy, religious, staff and volunteers) have a responsibility to safeguard children through promoting their welfare, health and development in a safe and caring environment which supports their best interests and prevents abuse.
Details of Personnel to Contact if you are Concerned about the Welfare and Safety of Children/Vulnerable Person
If you have a safeguarding concern, wish to make an allegation or raise an issue from the past please contact our Designated Liaison Person(s):
Tel: 087 9844779
or email: email@example.com
Fr Donal Hogan SSC
Tel: 046 9021525
Or you can report your concern directly to:
TUSLA (Child and Family Agency)
Duty Social Work Department
Telephone: 046 9097870 / 01 4686289
Chief Inspector (Vulnerable Persons)
Telephone: 021 240 9300
An Garda Síochána
Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Investigation Unit
National Bureau of Criminal Investigation, Garda Headquarters, Harcourt Square, Dublin 2
Telephone: (01) 6663430 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org www.garda.ie
Reporting Phone Line: 1800 555 222/ 01 6663445
NBSCCCI – National Board for Safeguarding Children in the Catholic Church in Ireland provides advice, services and assistance in the furtherance of the development of the safeguarding of children within the Roman Catholic Church on the island of Ireland; monitors compliance with legislation, policy and best practice, and reports on these activities annually. New House, St Patrick’s College, Maynooth, Co Kildare.
Telephone: 01 505 3124 www.safeguarding.ie
The HSE National Counselling Service (NCS) is a professional, confidential counselling and psychotherapy service available free of charge in all regions of the Health Services Executive.
Freephone: 1800 234 115 www.hse.ie
Towards Healing is an independent organisation providing
professional support for people who have experienced
institutional, clerical or religious abuse in Ireland.
Freephone: ROI 1800 303416; NI & UK 0800 0963315 www.towardshealing.ie
- Missionary Society of St Columban (Region of Ireland) Safeguarding Policy & Procedures (2017)
- Missionary Society of St Columban (Region of Ireland) Safeguarding Policy & Procedures Summary (2017
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Persons – Interim Guidance – Missionary Society of St Columban (Region of Ireland)
- Implementation Strategy 2015-2018, Missionary Society of St Columban (Region of Ireland)
- July 2017 Columban (Region of Ireland) Safeguarding Newsletter
- Columban (Region of Ireland) eVetting Form
- 2016 Annual Report Columbans
8. Statement by Fr Donal Hogan, Columban Spokesperson, on the publication of the Review of Safeguarding Practice in the Missionary Society of St Columban
9. Interim Guidance on Recruitment & Selection of Personnel (June 2015)
10. Interim Guidance for Members who volunteer or work with other organisations (July 2015)
11. Interim Guidance on the use of facilities within the Missionary Society of St Columban, Dalgan Park, Navan (August 2015)
12. Columbans Annual Report 2015